Emergency Vet in Springfield, IL
Timely care for pets with emergencies is essential. Our emergency vet team can make emergencies a priority during our regular office hours, and we can also assist clients in taking their pet to a specialist if specialized care is necessary. We have access to various animal hospitals throughout the area who can provide additional care to your pet if the situation requires.
Furthermore, it’s important that you know when to act and seek immediate treatment for your pet. Health emergencies are not always obvious, but knowing the warning signs can potentially save a life.
If your pet is experiencing an emergency call our team at (217) 525-9556.
Signs Your Pet Needs an Emergency Vet
- Difficulty breathing
- Wheezing, coughing or gagging
- Painful when touched
- Pale gums
- Unable to stand or walk
- Bite/puncture wounds from an animal attack
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Hit by a car/fell from a height (possible internal trauma)
- Bleeding from nose, ears, or rectum
- Hard, swollen abdomen
- Sleeping often, going away to hide
- Ate something poisonous or toxic
- Sneezing/coughing/snorting constantly